Responsibilities of Agents
- The vessel’s agent must be registered at customs as a shipping agent,
- Agent must present the inward and outward manifest containing legitimate information of all items entering Maldives via sea and air routes.
- Agents must present inward and outward manifest for transit and transshipment items.
- Any changes to manifest after its submission to Maldives Customs Service must be notified immediately
- If there are no Cargo items, it must be notified.
- All fines charged for Inward and Outward manifest violations must be cleared immediately.
- A letter should be submitted to customs by the boat’s captain or agent, clearly mentioning the reasons for the change.
- Those applying to be an agent of a particular vessel must be registered as a shipping agent in accordance with Customs Regulation and their term shall not have expired at the time of application.
- Agents wishing to cancel their registration shall submit their respective request after settling any dues they have to Customs, in turn, Customs shall cancel their registration.
- Within 48 hours of terminating the former agent, a new one should be appointed.
- In cases where an agent is not appointed within 48 hours of the resignation, the vessel’s captain would be charged a fine of MVR 5000 in accordance with the Customs Regulation Section d(9) of Article 550.