Vision / Mission
To become a world-class Customs service that fully reflects national and international standards and best practices, in contributing to border protection and trade facilitation.
To guard and protect the Maldives national borders from smuggling of narcotics, contrabands and against other illegal cross-border activities, by steadfastly enforcing the laws of the Maldives while fostering economic security through facilitation of legitimate trade and travel.
- To monitor and control the movement of passengers, goods and conveyances arriving in and departing from the Republic of Maldives.
- To administer all functions relating to import and export.
- To protect and efficiently collect customs revenue.
- To protect the community and ensuring compliance with Maldivian law.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assess and collect import and export duties.
- Intercept and seize, contraband, illicit drugs, firearms and other prohibited items and control restricted items.
- Processing passengers, luggage, cargo and overseas mail-delivered articles.
- Act as agents for various government organizations in the controlling of the movements of persons and goods entering and leaving the Maldives.
- Detect and deter import and export-related fraud.
- Control and monitor the movements of embarking/disembarking persons and loading/unloading of goods in relation to air/sea conveyances arriving from/leaving to overseas destinations and while such conveyances are at anchor parked or in transit parked or in transit to local ports.
- Control & monitor bonded warehouses and duty-free establishments.
- Compile and maintain imports and exports statistics.